Back-end websocket server for wowlet.
- Quart web framework, Py3 asyncio
See also the environment variables
WOWLET_COIN_SYMBOL, etc. in
This websocket server has several scheduled recurring tasks:
- Fetch latest blockheight from various block explorers
- Fetch crypto/fiat exchange rates
- Fetch latest Reddit posts
- Fetch funding proposals
- Check status of RPC nodes (
When Wowlet (the wallet application) starts up, it will connect to this websocket server and receive the information listed above which is necessary for normal operation.
wowlet_backend.tasks.* for the various tasks.
Requires Python 3.7 and higher.
virtualenv -p /usr/bin/python3 venv
pip install -r requirements.txt
run.py is meant as a development server. For production,
asgi.py with something like hypercorn.
In production you may run via docker;
Will bind on
docker-compose.yml if necessary.